Sunday, June 24, 2018

Day 8: Science Presentations and Waterfall

Folder for Day 8 Pictures

CRSREG

H2O

SLAM

spf 23000

WUT?!


hello world. first time seeing internet in years i forgot the feeling of touching the keyboard this is weird. djhsfjhksjhksg

I started the day off at 6 AM counting.  One thing I learned is that counting is much more difficult than I thought it was.  I started counting with accents and Allan, the graduate student, remarked, "What stung you?" and "When did you get to bed? 2 AM?"  I didn't reply.  When I got to 97, I was pretty proud of myself because my data was going to work out.  Actually, it didn't end up working out and I was accused of p-hacking (manipulating data to get desired results).  I was pretty disappointed and we get ripped on by three teachers for our presentation.  

After our beautiful final presentations (which we will share with you at home (except Alex who may or may not make it in a Culver's uniform)).  We were told we would be rewarded be a nice relaxing hike to a waterfall.  This hike was promised to be much shorter and enjoyable than our last hike two days ago.  

After lunch, we got to go on a nice tractor ride that got tippy!! which made some of us a tad nervous, and our tractor driver found it funny that we were nervous because we were fine! after arriving we got to go on a beautiful hike to the waterfall. we had a nice muddy walk and had to cross a river to get to the waterfall. most of us were nervous of getting our socks and boats wet but that didn't end up mattering because most of us got soaked later. Even though the walk to get to the waterfall was further than expected but made the waterfall so much better. 

After stumbling down the rocky wall to get to the waterfall, we got to swim in the waterfall. it was super refreshing since most of us were sweating from the hike and personally I hadn't been cold this trip till the waterfall!! we got to swim and feel the current pushing against us, and jump off the rocks into the the waterfall! since the walk to the waterfall was steep we didn't bring our backpacks down with us so we didn't get pictures with the pretty waterfall. since most of our socks got wet during walking across the water, most of us kept our socks on during swimming! definitely a weird thing to swim with socks on!



The hike to the waterfall was fine.  The hike back took it to another level (it's like how Pablo takes four wheeling to another level).  The rain transformed a slippery terrain into a disaster zone.  One by one, like leafcutter ants, we filed up the incline.  I heard exclamations left and right as I took my first step up the incline.  My foot slipped immediately and I knew this would be a fun time.  We were told initially that we shouldn't grab the trees because of eyelash vipers, but I was totally avoiding that rule at this point.  I grabbed any brush I could find as I traversed the mucky terrain.  To be honest, I was both traumatized and amused by the experience.  Something is to be said about having a collective experience with everyone, even if it was not the easiest.  I, like most people, would have done it again (maybe vlogging this time).

Well, that was our final full day at Finca La Anita.  We hope you enjoyed our blog.  Adios amigos!








No comments:

Post a Comment